A typewritten history of the clock is glued inside the door, reading: “Aaron Willard, Jr. Clock. 1820. Given to the Hospital by Dr. F.E. Garland (S.S. 1903) in January 1940. Dr. Garland purchased this clock from a family in Roxbury, Massachusetts sometime in 1920.” This clock was originally located in the Director’s Office when Dr. Nathaniel Faxon held the position.